About 65% of all the food we distribute is donated by the public… individuals and families, schools and scout groups, civic groups, houses of worship, local organizations, etc. Please note the following when donating food:
- Donations may be dropped off at 2 Executive Drive Monday-Thursday, 9:30am-4:30pm. Special arrangements can be made by calling 973-538-8049 x217.
- Please alert our staff if you are bringing ANY perishable items (i.e. refrigerated or frozen food, fresh produce, bread, etc.)
- Certain foods may be used after their “use by” and “best by” dates. Leave it to our staff volunteers who have been trained in food safety to make the determination!
- When you drop off the donation, please fill out your donation form completely and legibly so we can mail your acknowledgement. This also serves as a tax receipt.
- If you are donating more than a few bags of food we would appreciate knowing in advance what donations to expect and when. Please call 973-538-8049 x217 to let us know your donation drop-off plans.
FRUITS & VEGETABLES – Look for fruit canned in its own juice or with “no sugar added”. Look for vegetables with “low sodium” or “no salt added”
- Canned Fruit
- 100% Fruit Juice – 32 oz. preferred
- Canned Vegetables
- Spaghetti / Pasta Sauce, Tomato Products (sauce, crushed, whole, diced, paste, puree, etc.)
- FRESH PRODUCE from your garden (uncooked)
GRAINS – Donate whole grains as often as you can
- Cereal – low sugar, high fiber
- Pasta / Whole Wheat Pasta
- White Rice / Brown Rice – 1 or 2 lb. sizes preferred
DAIRY – Donate shelf-stable low-fat (1%) or non-fat dairy products
- Parmalat (shelf stable 32 oz size)
- Dry Milk (1-qt. package)
- Evaporated milk
- Calcium-fortified Milk alternatives such as soy, rice or almond milks
PROTEIN – Look for “no salt added”, “low-sodium” and canned in water
- Canned Beans – pork and beans, pinto, red or white kidney; NOT green beans
- Dried Beans
- Tuna Fish, Salmon and other canned fish
- Peanut Butter – 18 oz preferred
- Canned Meats and Meals – ravioli, spaghetti & meatballs, hash, stew, canned chicken, chili, etc.
- Rice-A-Roni, Pasta-Roni, etc.
- Hamburger Helper, Tuna Helper, etc.
- Instant/Dried Potatoes
- Macaroni & Cheese
- condensed varieties
- hearty varieties
- low-sodium – condensed and hearty varieties
- Enfamil Infant Formula
- Baby Food (Fruits, Vegetables, Meats & Meals) – Stage 1 (Meats & Meals, Vegetables, Fruits), Stage 2 (Meats & Meals), Stage 3 (Meats & Meals, Vegetables)
- Baby Cereal – Rice, Oatmeal
- Diapers – Size N, Size 1, Size 2, Size 3, Size 4, Size 5, Size 6
- Pull ups – Size 2T-3T, Size 3T-4T & Size 4T-5T
- Baby Wipes
- Reusable Grocery Shopping Bags – we give these to clients for use each visit
- Gluten Free products
- Boost or Ensure, regular
- Boost Glucose Control or Glucerna
- Adult Depends
- Tea (100 count boxes)
- Resealable (i.e. Ziploc) sandwich bags and quart sized plastic bags
- Empty Copy Paper Boxes (8.5″ x 11″) – we use these to sort and store the food donations in our warehouse
- Water – 0.5 liter bottles
- Paper Towels