You can contribute to the Interfaith Food Pantry with a special kind of gift. Planned giving ensures that the Interfaith Food Pantry will meet the needs of our community well into the future and leave your lasting legacy of caring. Planned gifts may take many forms.
- One of the easiest ways to help us continue to provide food and support to local families in need well into the future is to remember us in your will. $1,000 is enough for us to purchase a year’s supply of food for a family of four.
- IFP accepts gifts of stock. It is our policy to cash out stock transfers as quickly as possible so the value of your tax benefit will be as close to the value of the stock as possible.
- Current federal law allows those 70 ½ or older to donate a gift of up to $100,000 to IFP without reporting the withdrawl as taxable income. This is particularly useful if you must make a minimum distribution but do not need the income, have exceeded your ability to claim an income tax-deduction, do not itemize your deductions or may have more of your Social Security income taxed by receiving additional income.
Charitable Remainder Trusts and Gift Annuities
- Can provide you with regular income to meet your specific financial needs. Trusts and Annuities are administered for IFP in partnership with the Community Foundation of New Jersey. Visit www.cfnj.org or call 973-267-5533 for more information.
- You can also designate the Interfaith Food Pantry as a beneficiary in your life insurance policy.
When you choose to make a planned gift to IFP, we suggest that you seek the counsel of your personal financial adviser, attorney, accountant, banker or insurance professional.