Our Healthy Choices Program has been developed to complement our food distribution service. Key aspects of the program include:
- Providing nutrition counseling for prevention and/or management of diet related illnesses
- Offering access to a greater variety of nutritious foods that may not typically be available at food pantries (i.e., fresh dairy, lean proteins, low sodium options, gluten free foods and fresh fruits and vegetables)
- Increasing fresh produce by working with communities and groups to set up gardens for IFP.
- Educating client about how to grow their own food in limited space.
- Instructing clients on how to prepare available foods in a nutritious manner
- Offering a series of health and nutrition-related workshops for children of clients
- Providing screening for potential health risks, e.g., diabetes, hypertension, obesity and osteoporosis