The Interfaith Food Pantry is currently looking for volunteers for our “Kitchen 2 Table” Program
Our Kitchen 2 Table program is designed to meet the needs of our homebound clients while providing meaningful teambuilding activities for a group of people. Under the supervision of a team of culinary volunteers, groups of 8-15 people prepare and package 50-60 healthy, easy to prepare meals which are then frozen and delivered to elderly and clients with disabilities who are not always up to cooking for themselves.
We currently have volunteer opportunities for one Kitchen 2 Table Lead instructor and several Kitchen 2 Table assistants.
The Kitchen 2 Table lead will:
- Coordinate dates/times for Kitchen 2 Table events with Volunteer Coordinator
- Schedule Kitchen 2 Table Assistants (we will provide list of assistants)
- Develop and scale menus and recipes and develop heating instructions
- Prepare any paperwork, i.e., recipes, heating instructions, and ingredient list
- Check packaging supplies, advise IFP staff liaison when running low
- Prepare shopping lists for ingredients for the cooking session (shopper will be provided)
- Set up Kitchen prior to event (i e, place cutting boards, pots, etc.)
- Oversee Kitchen to Table Session
- Manage Kitchen 2 Table assistants during events
- Provide instruction and demonstrations on the proper and safe preparation of meals for participants
- Ensure meal preparation work is evenly distributed among Kitchen 2 Table participants
- Requirements: Culinary or commercial food preparation knowledge/experience. Supervisory and organizational skills. Serve-Safe certification a plus but will train right person
Kitchen 2 Table assistants will:
- Assist in the supervision and instruction of Kitchen 2 Table participants who are preparing and packaging meals, ensuring all safety instructions are being properly observed/followed.
- Demonstrate knife cuts to participants who require assistance.
- Ensure ingredients are being prepared and cooked in accordance with recipe instructions.
- Assist with Kitchen setup prior to event
- Assist with Kitchen clean up post-event
- Requirements: Culinary or commercial food preparation knowledge/experience. Good knife skills
- Schedule flexibility
If interested please email Doug at DMcMahon@mcifp.org or call 973-538-8049 x218