Bilingual Client Services Counselor
To Apply: Please send materials to Interfaith Food Pantry, 2 Executive Drive, Morris Plains, NJ 07950 or send via e-mail to: email@example.com.
To be considered for this position you must include the following:
- Cover letter which must include a description of your qualifications, why you think you are the right fit for this position, 2 professional references with contact information, and salary history and requirements.
Position will be filled as soon as best candidate is found.
Education Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Social Work, Human Services, or related field)
- At least 2 years experience in a professional level position working with low-income families and diverse population in human services organization (preferably non-profit).
- Knowledge of computer software, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with program outreach and coordination with other agencies
- Knowledge of information regarding resources and services available in Morris County appropriate to our clientele
- Full professional proficiency in Spanish, as well as English
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to problem solve and find new/creative solutions to complex problems
- Adaptable / Flexible: Easily adapts to changing organization needs, environment and work priorities and schedules.
- Team Oriented /Collaborative: Interacts and engages effectively with colleagues within and across departments.
- Initiative / Motivated: Self-directed person who takes appropriate action to influence outcomes and/or drive progress and positive change. Displays energy and enthusiasm in approaching their job.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, constantly seeking new ways to improve the program and demonstrating willingness to independently pursue clients, referral and outreach partners, and other opportunities
Hours: We provide services 6 days a week including some evening distribution sessions. Majority of work for this position will occur Monday – Friday from 9-5 but will also require some evening and Saturday hours on a regular basis.
Travel: Some travel in Morris County will be required to work with Home Delivery clients, outreach programs and elsewhere as needed. Candidate must have an active NJ driver’s license in good standing, reliable vehicle and insurance.
Physical requirements: As this position involves managing food distribution sessions and home delivery, candidates must be able to stand, bend and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
About the Interfaith Food Pantry and Resource Center
The IFP & Resource Center is a ‘one-stop shop’ helping low-income individuals and families who live in Morris County NJ to move from crisis to stability and, ultimately self-sufficiency. Helping more than 10,000 people annually, current services include Client Choice Food Pantries which distribute more than 1.7 tons of food a day; a Healthy Choice Program which provides nutrition information and education; a Home Delivery Program which provides delivery of groceries to home bound senior and disabled clients; a Community Garden; resource information and referrals; access to services on site through partnership with other community agencies; and an annual Thanksgiving Basket program which provides more than 1,600 baskets a year. In the New Year we will be introducing a Mobile Pantry Program which will expand services to those unable to reach us.
About the position
The Client Services Counselor – will join the existing team to help expand our services. Responsibilities will include performing intake interviews to enroll clients in the Pantry program, managing some of the food distribution sessions at various sites, coordinating the Home Delivery Program, assisting staff with outreach, developing resource and referral information and working on special projects. Activities primarily occur M-F 9 – 5 but some evening hours and Saturday mornings will be required. Candidate must be fluent in Spanish.
Benefits: Full-time employees receive comprehensive medical and dental coverage. Other benefits include 403(B) plan and opportunities for professional development.
IFP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.